Monday, January 23, 2006

Baby Peigh Has Arrived!

What an amazing weekend! Who would have imagined when I woke up Sunday morning that before the clock struck 12, Pilar and I would receive such an amazing gift; life. We are so unbelievably blessed to introduce to you our daughter, Abigail Grace Peigh! She is healthy, beautiful, and perfect!

After a long day of laboring, at about 10:30 pm last night (January 22nd) our midwife and the attending doctor decided it would be best if we moved toward a cesarean section. Pilar was running a bit of a fever and the baby was positioned awkwardly in the birth canal so we were glad to move in this direction as well. After preparing Pilar for surgery and dressing me in an interesting blue outfit, at 11:00 we entered the OR excited to realize that within minutes we would finally meet the child we have anticipated for nine months. At 11:12 pm the team of doctors encouraged me to look beyond the head curtain that separated Pilar and I from the operation itself to call the gender – it’s a girl! The several hours that followed a still a bit of a blur. Keep checking back for more photos throughout the next few days. We’ve got a bunch to post. However, here are some vitals to peak your interest…

Abigail Grace Peigh
Born January 22nd, 2006 at 11:12 pm
7 lbs 6 oz
19.5 inches
A full head of dark hair and long eye lashes
She is very very precious!

5 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

THAT'S AWESOME DUDE. You're a freaking dad! No way! Can't wait to see the pictures. May God bless Abigail!

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! i can't wait to see pictures of her! dustin told me last night around 12:30 while i was half asleep. i woke up this morning wondering if it was a dream. a dream come true!! i'm so happy for you and Pilar. you'll be great parents!

auntie kelli

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You are both going to absolutely love being parents. It has to be the best gift anyone can receive and also, fair warning, the toughest job you NEVER get any training for. Make every day an adventure! Enjoy every minute for soon she will be sixteen and driving! I am soooo excited for you both. Looking forward to your first family trip to Disney World so we can all meet Pilar and Baby Abigail. It's been a long time since Teri and I pushed you around in that shoebox, Josh. Sorry about dumping you out by the way! hee hee. Don't forget to rest while she is still sleeping alot! Tons of love from me and my girls! (Girls really are the best!)

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, what is a birthing ball?? I don't have one of those and now I am nervous that I am missing out on something!

Secondly, oh my gosh...too precious for words. I can't wait to meet her and give her all the best auntie advice I can. I am so happy for you guys! It will be so fun to see our girls playing together some day. See you soon!!

Love you, Aunt Jamalyn (I love the sound of that...)

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Pilar and Josh on your beautiful healthy baby girl!
Abigail is precious....love those cheeks!
Welcome to the world of parenthood! It is wonderful!
I love your blog site...this is awesome...Josh your daughter will appreciate all this info when she gets older...maybe I should introduce you into scrapbooking! :)
Anyway...enjoy yourself...take care...
your cousins...
Cathy, Brent, Sydney and Chloe Denny (Frazier)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home